Thursday, November 22, 2012

Soulfiesta Exclusive: Drake "Fingertips"

Photobucket

Photobucket





"Over My Dead Body" by Alex Gnoah. Download "Fingertips" here.




I've been a fan of Drake since Comeback Season -- and his musicality has always been overlooked. I understand it, and it being overlooked might just be the worlds way to balance things out with everything he's receiving. But nonetheless, I can't deny the hard work behind the grind from being relatively unknown to being hiphop's poster boy and now turning into a man in front of the world.

Must be me aging -- but for the people who really know me, I've always been inclined to the piano - I was classically trained when I was younger, and although those days are long gone and I've forgotten my Bachs, Schumann and Sonatas, I understand it. Drake's and 40's music, regardless if its Drake singing, writing or 40 producing the beats -- speaks more when its stripped down, both of them have always been inclined to the keys.  So Far Gone and Take Care's direction showcased this -- we hear samples of keys, concert piano's all throughout that release, from start to finish. Much of that same love for piano's are available for everyone to hear in his most personal of songs. There was also a time when Drake and the OVO blog was promoting an entire album by pianist, Gonzales back in 2009.

Over a month ago, I bumped into this idea of compiling peoples instrumental rendition of Drake songs -- and to my surprise, there are a lot and the way people interpreted these songs are unbelievable. This is my way of showing people the depth of these songs. Its almost like hearing what a painting should sound like, you hear shadows, you feel the lighting and even its composition -- I appreciate the renditions in a more personal note. This shows how universal hiphop has become and how intricate the feelings in the songs are -- and the way it means to the people who interpret them.

This release is blessed with great renditions by Alex Gnoah, The Theorist, Angelo Sayo, Johnny Loh, Aldy Santos, MSF Beats,  Navarone Boo, Yekno Music, Jay Doodle, David Gray, Stevie! and even David Hoffman. There are tons more available online, but these are the ones that really move me. I put them together for you guys to enjoy Drake's/40's music in a different light.

I would like to inform my readers, this is an unauthorized compilation -- the artists own the rights to their renditions and compositions, and I am crediting each one of them in hopes that you visit and research about them respectively and carry on being fans of their work through their Drake renditions.


This album is not for everyone.  


But there is something beautiful here. When you find it, its yours.



DOWNLOAD FINGERTIPS HERE.








No comments: